Choptank Electric Cooperative is pleased to have skilled professionals ready to address the needs and concerns of our diverse Agriculture membership. Kris Amsel can assist members by explaining the components and dynamics of the agriculture rates and how they apply to the specific nature of the agriculture business. He can offer advice and strategies to more efficiently manage the energy needs of the member as well as provide information on the latest in technology related to lightning, heating and cooling, refrigeration, equipment, and motors.
Amsel can help guide members to select the best plan for their electric infrastructure upgrades and determine the associated costs for the improvements, as well as determine the operating cost and potential savings on a monthly and annual basis. He can conduct energy audits and find ways to improve the operating efficiency of your business and explore opportunities to leverage funds to offset the costs associated with energy efficiency improvements.
If you have questions or would like to meet with Kris, please contact him using the contact information below. As always, Choptank Electric Cooperative exists to provide you with reliable and cost-effective electricity to improve the quality of life of our Agriculture members.
New accounts wishing to be classified as sales tax exempt must supply Choptank Electric with a copy of their state-issued sales tax exemption card.
If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for MD tax exemption, please contact your tax advisor or visit the MD State Comptroller’s website https://marylandtaxes.gov/business/sales-use/tax-exemptions/index.php, contact the Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-MD TAXES, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Agriculture Resources:
- Maryland Farm Bureau www.mdfarmbureau.com
- Maryland Cooperative Extension, www.agnr.umd.edu
- Delmarva Farmer www.americanfarm.com
- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. www.dpichicken.org
- Electric Safety Foundation International www.esfi.org
- www.mema.state.md.us the web site of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency, for information on emergency preparedness for pets and livestock
- Pandemic Flu, a one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information:www.pandemicflu.gov
- A variety of agriculture news, features, videos, buyers guides, and other information:www.agriculture.com
- Farm and agri-business equipment www.farmtek.com