Co-op Annual Meeting
Scholarships given away to members
The Annual Meeting is not only a chance to visit with other members of our co-op community – it’s also a great opportunity to learn about programs, get extended information offered by Choptank Electric Cooperative, and get to know your Co-op staff. Our annual meeting makes it possible for us to gather feedback from you by providing a forum where you can let us know how we can better serve you and your family.
We invite our members to attend the 83rd Annual Meeting. The 2021 annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 29, 2021, at the Regional Service Center, located at 6520 Walston Switch Rd. in Salisbury, MD.
For information about the 2020 Annual Meeting, please read the 2019 Annual Report, the 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes, and the 2020 Special Meeting of Members on Member Regulation Minutes.
Annual Meeting "Luck of the Draw" Scholarships
Choptank Electric will present ten $1,000 educational scholarships at the close of its 2021 Annual Meeting.
To be eligible for these scholarships, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applicants from Choptank Electric Cooperative members:
- The applicant must be a graduating high school senior OR a co-op member.
- The student must be enrolled OR planning to enroll at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or a technical school for the fall 2021 term.
- If a student is applying, the student must be a dependent or legal ward of an active Choptank Electric member.
- Winners of prior years’ scholarship are not eligible to participate.
- Employees and dependents of Choptank Electric who are members, and the Board of Directors and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
Eligible students will need to complete the Luck Of The Draw Scholarship form available here or below. Applications will be accepted starting Monday, February 1, 2021, and the deadline to submit your completed application is Thursday, April 22, 2021!