Update your contact information, which includes your phone numbers and email addresses, so you can report your outage, get accurate notifications during outages, and find out when power will be restored. Update your contact information today by calling 1.877.892.0001 or by signing up for SmartHub and updating your contact information in your profile.
To report an outage, use your SmartHub app or call Choptank Electric Cooperative's Outage Reporting Number at 1-800-410-4790.
Be prepared for powers outages by gathering these items in advance. Rotate your supplies to keep them fresh and use the following checklist to prepare for power outages:
Have Plenty of Food
- Keep a 3-5 day supply of drinking water in plastic bottles. Plan on at least 1 gallon of water per person, per day.
- Store a manual can opener with enough nonperishable foods for 3 to 5 days. Canned meats, tuna fish and peanut butter are good foods to store. Don’t forget pet foods!
- Conserve water by using paper plates and plastic utensils.
- Have a camp stove or grill for outdoor cooking.
Stay In Touch
- Have a portable,battery-powered radio and alarm clock.
- Have one non-portable phone that will work even if power is interrupted.
- Plan where to meet and how to communicate with family members if separated.
Keep essential family member contact information near your phone, in your wallet, and in your glove compartment.
Keep Things Going
- Keep plenty of gas in your car.
- Keep extra batteries, matches, propane, charcoal and firewood.
- If you own a portable generator, follow some general Portable Generator Safety tips provided by ESFI.
Stay Happy, Healthy, and Warm
- Coordinate with neighbors for care of the elderly and disabled living alone.
- Maintain a supply of prescriptions, nonprescription drugs, vitamins and special dietary foods.
- Playing cards, books, drawing and writing supplies, and board games help pass the time. If you have a video camera and tapes, your family can make a storm documentary.
- Keep sanitary and personal hygiene supplies replenished. Pre-moistened cleansing towelettes are useful and help conserve water.
- Use plastic trash bags and ties for garbage.
- Put first-aid kits in your home and car.
- Make sure you have cold weather clothing, foul weather gear, blankets and sleeping bags.
- Consider purchasing alternative UL-approved heating devices. For example, a fireplace insert or woodstove will keep the heat in your home instead of up the chimney.
- Use flashlights and other battery-operated lighting instead of candles.
- Keep fire extinguishers fully charged.
- Fill your bathtub with water for bathroom use before the storm (if you have a well).
For more storm preparation information, please visit the Red Cross.
Down to the Wires
What should you do around downed power lines?
Summer Storm Preparation
Be prepared for summer storms!
How We Restore Power
There is a specific plan for how we restore power to our members.
Choptank Electric's Outage Map
Choptank Electric's Outage Map is the place to go when outages occur.